Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hamlet Act 3 Sketches

Here's my act III stuff. I didn't have anything for act II, so I apologize for that. And hopefully I'll get up the lesson plan soon, so don't worry about that.
My thought process for these art pieces are just little snippets from the text that I read and saw an image for so I wanted to see them out on paper. They aren't very deep, just a visual representation of what I was reading.

First, the pencil sketch:
Ophelia:
"O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown!
The courier's, soldier's, scholar's, eye, tongue, sword,
The expectancy and rose of the fair state,
The glass of fashion and the mould of form,
The observed of all observers, quite, quite down!
...O, woe is me,
To have seen what I have seen, see what I see!"

Next, Hamlet insulting his friend:
"Horatio, thou art e'en as just a man
As e'er my conversation coped withal."
And so I drew a man, but no one in particular, and therefore a silhouette, because he is just a man. And a man, all alone, with nothing but his own thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment