Saturday, December 3, 2011

Art Response: Following the Plan

this is my art that was generated by following Cassandra's Lesson Plan on indecision. I found it very intriguing and actually a lot of fun to just go crazy with what the assignment was. I feel like the end product really does show indecision because I can't tell what it wants to be. There isn't really anything linking it all together. The process was this: choose random numbers (within the range of 1-20) and do the technique associated with that number (as specified in the lesson). Only fifteen minutes are allowed for each process. I found it easier to create random images and random art from this predetermined list of processes that I had to do. So while making the art I was never at a loss for what to do or how to make it, I just did it.
The funnest part was probably when me and a friend went out to the nearby creek to get our shoes dirty so I could actually make marks by stepping on the art (i didn't want to use paint;). Thanks Cassandra for a really fun way to make art. I had so much fun I made two! (and I'll probably do it again!)

4 comments:

  1. sorry that this wasn't posted yesterday!
    And there is a reason I did two: the one on top has twenty processes and the one on the bottom only has eleven. Just thought I'd try out different things for each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they both have strengths. I like how the one with more steps seems more alive and vibrant, while the lower one causes more reflection. It kinda does make me feel indecisive, though I do not know why (perhaps the colors)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats clever to go to the creek and walk on the art. Did you happen to find Ophelia in the creek?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you interpreted my directions. Actually for the stepping on the artwork to make marks one, I was more thinking of getting it dirty by stepping on the backside to have the ground make marks on the front side. But, I love that you went to the creek to do it! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete