Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Act III sketches (Erik)




 Since I decided to use the organ/flute piece as my major piece (since it took a good chunk of time to do), I am going back to do a different series of sketches for act III.

This first photo I owe to my camera, I didn't actually draw this. It is a live collage, and I used this particular format to capture the effect of all the things in life that contribute to our considering of what we want to do, what we want to 'be'. "To be, or not to be, that is the question". Especially in college, there are many factors that go in to that: Do I want to go into education, business (with money!!!!), how do I balance everything, do I really need to work out, whoops, I forgot to do my Home Teaching (fulfill church responsibilities), etc. With so much screaming for our attention, we often ask: "Who are we", and so did Shakespeare's Hamlet.









 In these abstract paintings, I wanted to follow up with my previous themes of madness, on the one hand light, on the other hand darker, all the while being conflicted. "To die, to sleep..." or to keep on living.

No comments:

Post a Comment